The internal world

I struggle to blog because the things I find interesting can mostly not be expressed in pictures. Mostly they are not funny either, wry maybe, but not light.

I don’t really want to talk about what is out there unless it involves some sort of process that can internalize the outside into something meaningful inside.

I had coffee with my neighbour from across the street on Saturday. He is a songwriter. I told him about my conundrum. The one where I am trying to be interesting to the people that might be reading my blog, but not really succeeding, since I don’t have anything to say that can be read on the surface that can be understood in a sentence. I feel pretentious just writing that.

“I need to write though.” Was part of what I said. Bogging is the only thing that has been forcing that even remotely.

“You dabble in the internal world,” he told me. "Write about that".

Then off course I read this blog entry. And I realize that the only way I’ll get that good is by writing about what I love.

Which is the internal world, movies, books, people. Watch this space.

Comments

dorothy said…
blogging is by nature exhibitionist and transient. it wouldn't really matter what you write at all as long as people are acknowledging your binary utterances, lending your (you) experiences/thoughts/feelings/opinions justification to exist.
what you tend to view as valuable to exhibit and personally judge as worthwhile in - what you think - is the opinion of others all really boils down to a big display of self.